Our Terms & Conditions
1.0. This contract is made between Auckland Express Movers (“the Movers”) and ————————- (“the Customer”). All business undertaken by the movers, including the provision if any, advice, information or other services is undertaken upon and subject to these conditions.
2.0. Auckland Express Movers accepts goods for carriage only upon these terms and conditions:
2.2 If Auckland Express Movers notices that goods are not safe to transport or insufficiently packaged and may cause potential damage to either the item being moved or other items, including the vehicle, the company reserve the right to reject acceptance of the item/s.
2.3 The company withholds the right to delay the customer’s job by 1 hour due to any unforeseen circumstances without waiving any charges. Should the service is delayed more than one hour the customer will be informed and will then come to a mutual decision at company’s discretion.
2.4 The Customer will not give to the Movers for packing, removal, or storage:
a) any article or substance which is, or is likely to be, of a dangerous, corrosive, inflammable, explosive or damaging nature, or anything likely to encourage vermin, bora, or any other pest.
b) Jewellery, watches, trinkets, precious stones or metals, money, deeds, securities, stamps, coins or goods or collections of a similar kind.
c) Prohibited or stolen goods, drugs/medicines, aerosols, paints, firearms, gas cylinders and ammunition.
d) The customers will empty, properly defrost, and clean refrigerators and deep freezers. We are not responsible for the contents.
e) Any animals and their cages or tanks including pets, birds, or fish.
2.5 The Customer will notify Auckland Express Movers if there is not suitable and convenient access to the place from which the goods are to be removed. The Contractor may make an extra charge due to any access restrictions and will not be liable for any goods damaged through the lack of such access. Its customer’s responsibility to provide good, safe and secure parking/access/driveway/pathway etc. to the property for truck and movers.
2.6 Obtain at your own expense, all documents, permits, and licences necessary for the removal to be completed.
3.0 Other Liabilities & Limitations
b) Particularly note that damage caused by vehicles to lawns, driveways, footpaths, underground pipes, cables, sewerage, and other underground installations is not covered. Should our staff be instructed by the property occupier, or any person acting on their behalf to drive, park or manoeuvre vehicles in or near an area where such damage is likely to occur, compliance with such instructions will not in any way involve the Company or its insurers in responsibility for any subsequent damage which may be sustained. Such responsibility will rest solely in the hands of the Owner.
4.0 Carriers Liability
Items carried by Auckland Express Movers is protected by Carriers Liability Insurance pursuant to the carriage of Goods Act 1979. This cover is free to our clients but has the following limitations: Goods are covered under “Carriers Liability Insurance” whilst in transit if the vehicle is involved in an accident and the furniture is damaged. Then the goods are fully insured by our insurance company. For a more comprehensive cover, please contact your own insurance company. If you are not insured, please call us to discuss further options.
- a) If damage does occur intentionally, Auckland Express Movers insurers will manage all claims.
- b) All claims will be forwarded onto our insurer’s office with relevant supporting documentation.
- c) Any claim must be lodged in writing within 24hours of the occurrence of damage or loss. Claims submitted outside this time will not be accepted.
- d) There is no liability for damage if goods have pre-existing damage, inherent damage/vice or where the damage has resulted from insufficient packaging.
- e) There will be no liability for damage to owner packed goods. If any glass or fragile item breaks unless factory packed or electrical appliances fail to operate after transit the company does not take any liability.
- f) There will be no liability for third party damage – i.e. in the event of an accident where the other party is found at fault, the carrier will not be liable for goods damaged in transit. In this case the customer must claim directly off the insurance company of the other party.
g) In accordance with the Carriage of Goods Act, your claim will only be processed once complete payment of move has been received and acknowledged.
a) Our designated arrival time is to be considered as a guide only. Various factors can affect our arrival time such as unexpected delays on previous job(s), delays caused by traffic congestion and/or accidents, roadwork’s and/or closures, streets not on maps and/or incorrect directions supplied by customer, weather, truck breakdown, etc.